Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy New Year- a liturgical New year.

Happy New Year- a liturgical New year.

Advent Wreath- symbol of Advent

 

Happy New Year- well a liturgical New Year.


I know that during this year I have had a difficult time for all sorts of personal reasons, and I have allowed my own problems to get in the way of blogging.  I am sorry that I have not continued to contribute to the blog. I really am.

WHY IS A NEW LITURGICAL YEAR IMPORTANT?

However with a liturgical New year, there is hope in the season of Advent.  I look forward to Advent because with the start of Advent and a new liturgical Year, the Church provides us with the opportunity to start again. I can ask God to help me start again.  It really is a case of ’'Just give me another year Lord and I will dig and manure it...."

I can close the door on the past and start again.  The problems may not go away, but the difference is that I have Jesus by my side again- I have hope again and I can, through His grace continue the struggle of life with the hope that someday, things will be better.

Perhaps if you are in a good place emotionally and spiritually, then at least be grateful. Use this Advent well to be grateful, or at least to stop and think and decide to change something in your life that needs attention- be on the alert- is your life really in keeping with God's plan for you?  I hope it is, but if not, start to make the adjustments through this season of hope.

I want to create again a spiritual new Year goal.  I know I can’t change myself without God’s help and I can’t change it all in a day.  I have another year to use wisely. So, instead of wanting to change the world within myself, I will choose one aspect. just one and sincerely ask God to help me change that this year.  I sure don’t want to be in the same place this time next year.

So Happy New Year- I hope you have a think about your spiritual goals and hope, with Jesus, that you will act on them.  We can act on them one day at a time, one hour or one minute at time, knowing that God loves us in our hope, loves us when things are going well and we are happy, and  loves us when we fail too and come to Him.

Let us prepare for the coming of Jesus and allow Him to be born in our hearts again this Christmas. Stay awake and be alert.  Happy New Year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment